Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Upgrades?

nvs78

Reaction score
heya, ive got a VS Exec, and since its been in my care.. heh.. i've added sports exhaust, cold air intake, k&n filter.... what more can be done to increase performance? off the line, mid range accel.. that sorta thing? .. i wanna add LSD at some stage and a chip.. but what else can be done? .. i've heard something about mass air flow meters? .. are they just a v8 thing though? .. extractors are probably the next thing i'll get added to it.. who's had what types of extractors, and what seems to be the best brand to go for? .. i've got a 2.5" system atm.. would the car be too loud if it was changed to a straight thru exhaust?...

.. i know stuff..! ? .. heh

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
get yourself a set of pacemaker extractors..........it also might be a tad on the loud side if its straight through but because im only assuming and havent actually heard what it sounds like dont take my word for it im still to modify mine and it will be a few months before i do cos i got my hours cut at work and someone ran into me at the parking lot....thanks for not leaving details asshole ......anyway so many bills to pay and rego 2moro !~!1 andi have no money so i cant drive my nice VS around for like a month till i get enough..........ill drive the shitter VK around,...hehe sorry for rant but yeah......straight thru with a hotdog should be alright

nvs78

Reaction score
bummer about the no details ba$t@rds... ..
i saw someone do taht once, like they went to park, turned a bit too wide, clipped teh back end of another car pretty bad.. smashed indicators and boot probably wouldnt have opened very easily... then they just reversed and drove off as if nothing had happened... no details left again... but quick thinking me thought... hey i'd be pretty shitty if someone did that to me.. so i left a nice anonymous note for the owner of the dinged car... made me feel warm and fuzzy n stuff.. heh.. or somethin, but yeah.. hopefully someone was happy about the note..
umm, yah, like i have sports exhaust atm, but its not quite as beefy as i'd like.. so i might go the straight thru job, otherwise i've seen a few commodores with the like.. i duno what they're called, like blitz exhaust ends on em, the big chunky put ya foot in em ones.. and they sound pretty good.. so i might even look at adding one of those... *shrug* ...
mmmm
i'll work somethin out
either way, extractors and chip/cam(one day) will be a certainty..
otherwise i'll prolly just leave as is and buy a new car one day then work on that!..
argh.
decisions.