Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Window Conversion in a 98 Executive

DIY Enthusiast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 98
Hey Guys (and possibly girls)

I've decided that i'll keep my VT for another two years before i upgrade and one thing that has always bugged the living **** out of me was the manual windows.

I have been sifting through the various posts on here about conversion, problems, fixes, and the like for about 2-3 days.

I have gathered as much info prior to posting this about my car as i thought i would need, so here it goes.

I essentially want to have all doors with power windows, so the parts needed (Correct me if i'm wrong)

- 1x Main Power Window Wiring Loom (Mine does not have the wire pre-fitted)
- 4x Electric Window Regulators
- 4x VT Series 1 Door Looms
- 1x Centre Switch
- 2x Rear Switches
- 4x New Door Trim for power windows (So it doesn't look dodgy)

Also i am aware that as i have a LOW BCM i will have to bypass it to get the drivers side to function and thus losing the auto functionality, this doesn't bother me as long as it works.

The main issue i keep running into is the main wiring loom for the switch block (Under the current change holder) as it is not there. So my question to you guys is can i buy a wrecked loom and if so how do i go about separating the Power Window part of it?

I called a local Auto Sparky this morning and his initial reaction when i asked can he do it, hinted that it was going to be an expensive job. He gave me a rough quote of around $800-$1000 for all parts and labour, but then followed to say if i got ALL the parts myself (From a Wrecked or New) the labour would be around $400-$500 alone.

Now those prices seem pretty high, so i'd rather take the time get the info from you guys, sort the parts out and do it myself as i am fairly confident i would be able to do it, if i could only figure out the Main wiring.....

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

omegaboy 2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 ve holden omega
look on gumtree bud they have the hole kit on there and have a look on google for the wiring harness diagram for a vt commodore and it will show u wat colours are wat and it should help u

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
the loom you can forget about from memory as it's an integral part of the main loom on cars with it fitted. You will need the plugs that go into everything and make your own loom.