Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

commodorev6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
Hi,
My driver's side (right) power window does not move up in my VS Calais. How could I work out whether it is the switch or the window regulator before taking everything apart? Or could it be another issue - the glass not being on the tracks?

The switch makes a ticking noise, the circular green light still works and when clicked it does dim the interior light.

The window has gradually not been going up but now it doesn't move up at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
sounds like a faulty motor/regulator.

i'd say the wiring is all ok, been that it is drawing current, but the motor may have an internal fault.

it could also be a jammed window.

commodorev6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
Does anyone know the best way to remove the lock for interior trim to be removed?
Capture.JPG

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You can make yourself a little tool using a coat hanger, hammer and a vice. Slip the tool behind the red tab and pull forward on both sides one after the other. Some people have used a screw driver to do the same thing.

upload_2017-4-2_17-24-48.png

commodorev6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
Thanks BlackVSGTS. I've seen a similar diagram in the Gregory's manual just struggling to work out if I have to pry open the red part of the lock with the flat head on left/right side and if it will come off without breaking. I'd be using a very fine flathead screwdriver.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
You can make yourself a little tool using a coat hanger, hammer and a vice. Slip the tool behind the red tab and pull forward on both sides one after the other. Some people have used a screw driver to do the same thing.

View attachment 191181
I like the look of that tool above.

fireballv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 1 Berlina wagon
I made one of the tools out of the tiny strip of steel that comes with some types of wiper blade replacement. you snap the two strips off at the right length. the power window motor would be the cause of you problems. its 21 or so years old. its just worn out. I've been into a few VR/VS doors, and have seen the drivers side motor has been replaced. you have to drill out rivets to get the regulator out. then fit new bolts to re-attach to door. should be no prob getting a replacement motor or complete regulator.