Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power window issue

stevebutler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
I have an annoying problem with the power windows. They work fine, but sqeak in their rubbers when fully up while driving over bumps, turning corners, etc, for a long while i thought it was the doors rubbing. They also rattle in the doors when down.

Im trying to work out if its the window rubbers (also starting to get a bit of air noise through closed windows), or the window tracks.

Any advice would be appreciated.

~Also on a seperate note my rear passenger exterior door handle is buggered, is this a hard job to replace?

chickybabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
I had the same problem, drove me insane. I sprayed silicon spray around all the rubbers and worked a treat. Had to do it a few times though.

Do ALL the windows rattle when down?? My drivers side door was rattling and had a bit of a clunk when winding up and down, (another thing that drove me insane) took door trim off, saw that one of the white plastic pieces on the arm was broken, therefore only supported by one arm. Got another from the wreckers, easy to fit they just pop on. Don't think this would help you if all the windows are doing it, doubt all of them would be broken.

Replacing exterior handles involves a bit of muckin around, but fairly easy to do. if you contact Holden in your area, and you're extra nice to them, they may even give you a printout with the instructions from their 'secret' manuals. Cheers:)