Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power window knocking

dbarnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V M6 UTE
yes the one running vertical with the door. and yep what you just said is pretty much what happens, the white block gets "shot off" the ball joint so to speak, as we tried again to put the window all the way down and the block nearly hit me in the eye when it came off.

is the rubber seal supposed to stop the movement of the arm when it reaches the top or bottom??

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
I cant remember exactly what that seal looks like, but i'd be putting it back in. It almost sounds like the cutout points on the motor are out of whack. When the window is fully lowered, is the top of the window glass any lower than the top of the door skin?

dbarnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V M6 UTE
The seal is rooted will have to get a new one. I dont think that the glass is any lower than the top of the door skin when fully lowered, otherwise when the white block came off, it would not have fallen into the door so to speak...

Maybe the seal is there as a guide for the glass? And seeing as it was stuffed, it was not being able to go down freely, but when the stuffed seal is removed, it can go down freely, but has not got the seeal there to stop it once it reaches the cut off? Just a suggestion i dunno ha..

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Yes thats correct. That rubber seal also acts as the guide for the glass and keeps it fairly rigid during movement, obviously only allowing for up and down movement (i.e. stops window being able to be rocked back and forward etc). Without this seal and with the window in the lowered position, you will be able to slide the window back and forward a bit. Im guessing that because you've removed the seal, its because of the extra movement the glass now has that it has strained the arms to the point of dislocating the socket joint on the plastic block? I'd recommend installing the new seal before anything else.