Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power window problem

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
i recently installed power windows in my vt yay...
but the rubbers on the doors are worn and the windows slow down half way up.
is there something i can do to rejuvenate my rubbers, someone recomended a silicon spray. Or do i have to replace them, if so who much would it cost??

cheers

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
sometimes the mirror was put back too tight causing the window to slow or stop half way. the wire for the window could be partly broken. i have replaced wire between the door and body and had good results. solder and heat shrink and some patience.

Bazzdogs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S
I have a similar problem. i own a 98' VT commodore S and both the back power windows open and close incrediblely slowly. it takes roughly 20 seconds for them to move from the up to down and vice versa. it almost sounds like the motor has a major strain on it. The doors are stock and have never been opened or tampered with. do the motors die over time or is there someway to boost them up a little?

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
There is a product called rubber rejuvenator that I have seen at supercheap, and as far as I know the motors do burn out after a while.

Bazzdogs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S
yeah i take it 11 years is an old window motor, which i can understand. but the front ones are still fine, they work as good as they day the car was rolled out of the factory. i looked at the window frame and it all still seems to have a nice fuzzy feel to it. i did notice however that the back windows sit funny when they're fully down. the window is thinner at the top so when its down it moves away from the walls and it looks like it sits too far in towards the centre of the car at the back. and it doesnt fall back into the groove until its about halfway up. but its a smooth "falling back into the groove" action, theres no thud.