Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ebonymarie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais v6 &a VZ acclaim V6
Okay so I'm having problems with my drivers side power window in my VR Calais.
We have recently replaced the whole engine loom. And now the drivers side window doesn't work properly.
We have noticed that there is a click under the dash somewhere when the car has been turned completely off. If we turn the car back on, the window will go up about 5cm then go back down on its own. And it won't do it again until we hear that click after turning the car off.

It's a problem that needs fixing as my window is stuck down. I wouldn't care so much if it was up.
Can anyone help :(

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
unlock the car, and you should be able to wind the window up without inserting the key. There is a time delay. Then lock the car.

as far as the issue, is there an earth or something silly you forgot to attach?

why did you have to replace the engine loom?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
IF it's driving the windows down try reversing the wiring. Some models have a function where it will automatically close the windows when the car is locked.

ebonymarie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais v6 &a VZ acclaim V6
I haven't been the one doing it, my partner was. We replaced the engine loom because my climate control wouldn't work and also the loom had melted in parts. We changed it for safety reasons also. But then found out the climate control was just a relay haha. But it did need to be done.