Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power window shunting

Truebluejak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Hi...
Is anyone able to help with my VY power windows stp starting on the down action only...
Both passanger and driver windows only go down about 1cm when I push the button... I have to repeat this twenty times to get the windows down... the up action is fine... I have replaced the switches and they worked fine for a day then they repeated the above mentioned issue..
Any ideas on what could be the cause would be much appreciated...
Cheers..

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Aaaaaah the old window button finger drum solo!

Mine is the same, I read here somewhere the body controller gets sh1t in it's terminals and sometimes, a simple clean of the units terminals on the plug can be enough to sort it.

Let me see if I can find the thread..

Last edited:

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
Back when i had a VY it did the same thing and Holden quoted me heaps for a new bcm so i just left it for a while. Eventually I had the BCM replaced with a used one of the same model and had to change keys too but then it to happen again 6 months later. I then found out that if you just hold the window down switch for about 5-10 seconds it'll overrides it and starts going down BUT only as long as your holding it (so if you let go it stops and need to wait all over again)

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Back when i had a VY it did the same thing and Holden quoted me heaps for a new bcm so i just left it for a while. Eventually I had the BCM replaced with a used one of the same model and had to change keys too but then it to happen again 6 months later. I then found out that if you just hold the window down switch for about 5-10 seconds it'll overrides it and starts going down BUT only as long as your holding it (so if you let go it stops and need to wait all over again)
Just rewire it & bypass the bcm.

Truebluejak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2

So I tried this ... and yes this worked... thank you very much for that...
I'll look into replacing BCM soon.
Thanks again... much easier than push push push push push push push etc...