Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power window wiring

buster1192

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
i currently have a vr belina with factory standard power windows but i have been having issues with them as of late they lose power a minute or 2 after unlocking my car is there any way i can rewire them so they dont run off the bcm and how do i do it a bit of detail may be required im a bit newish to the wiring in it

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
You need to put a earth on the yellow wire on the separate power window relay attached to the bottom bracket near the steering column.You could put a switch in the circuit to earth it when you needed it to or put a permanent earth on it but if permanent the window could be opened/closed at any time.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Your probably loosing power because of a short. There is a circuit breaker fuse on them, which SHOULD reset power instantly when broken, but some (if theyve been replaced) will require you to remove power from them for around 30 seconds, then there all sweet again. So thats probably why you'd be getting power then loosing it.

Try replace it with a standard fuse. if it blows, theres your problem.

rosdav10

Ros
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore
Your probably loosing power because of a short. There is a circuit breaker fuse on them, which SHOULD reset power instantly when broken, but some (if theyve been replaced) will require you to remove power from them for around 30 seconds, then there all sweet again. So thats probably why you'd be getting power then loosing it.

Try replace it with a standard fuse. if it blows, theres your problem.

arklov3r Can you tell me where this circuit breaker fuse is located, I have a problem with the windows getting power sometimes and not others , I have vp Berlina :D