Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power windows install

Dan24

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS
thinking of installing power windows into the front only so using a VU switch. how hard is this to do?
if i remove my centre console the is a plug with nothing connected to it, would this be for the power windows?
i have the executive model if that helps....

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
It's a fairly easy job to do I've done it successfully multiple times. The front two doors are more difficult to do than the rears. The scissor regulators can be a pain to have to align but it's just something you have to be patient with and maybe have someone to hold the glass for you. The rear ones are really easy I reckon if you're doing the fronts you might as well do the rears too. You will also need the relays and fuses, and don't forget the door trims.

You will need to change the wiring looms inside the doors which plug into the main body harness in the pillars. Being an Executive you most likely have a LOW level BCM and wiring harness. This means that you will need to cut two wires and solder them (don't forget heat shrink) to bypass the driver's window auto down feature.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
i know this is a fairly old post but could anyone help me out on this..
I'm planing on doing a 2001 VX manual - power window conversion and have been lookin on ebay for parts.
i also had a look at places that could do it for me and one place i emailed got back to me and said this..

"Thank you for your enquiry.

We can only fit front door power windows in the VX , as the supplier does not sell the rear door harnesses.

To get power windows in the fronts it will cost you $650."

WTF?! i found a conversion pack on ebay for $300!! and thats all four windows...

anyone know of someone who may be able to do it for cheaps? cos i dunno if id have the patience for something like this!