Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Windows Problem

mectec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS S2
Hi all,
i have just installed power windows to my vr sedan and all windows are working besides the drivers door. Its not the motor or the switch i tested that. I plugged a couple of standard relays under the dash and the drivers window goes down but not up... all other windows work fine. The auto down on drivers window is working but when it gets to the bottom it doesnt stop and blows a fuse. I have a mid bcm out of a vr clubsport. I was wonder i am missing somthing or is there a special relay for the drivers door that i need or missing somthing from under the dash.. car is a vr ss sedan.

cheers

Gudgeon

NE1 4SX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec S2 and VK 333 Pack Calais
Just done the conversion myself and there is a 5 pin relay for the drivers doors. it should be tucked under the RH fuse panel area. Make sure its a bosch one though as i had trouble using hella coz the pins are back to front.

mectec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS S2
Thanks for that. It was just a relay. Brought one from Holden. its called a driver window relay part no. gm-92030460 for $21.14. I noticed it is labelled on the box as a relay headlamp. Once i instsalled it all windows work fine even the auto down on drivers door.

Cheers