Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power windows problem

Alex6999

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series 2
in the process of getting my vt on the road.
one of the problems with it is the power windows don't all work. left side windows work (front/back) but the right side windows don't work.

i've pulled the drivers door power window motor out and wired it to the battery and it works, both directions.
when i plug it into the loom and use the center switch it only moves up.
pulled the switch apart cleaned it, also tried to bridge the connections on the switch. that didn't work aswell.

i've changed the relays over. checked fuses.
unless i have the wrong relays in there. (the pins on the relays match the socket on fuse board )

anyone able to share some knowledge, on what could the problem be?

thanks.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Go get yourself a brand new genuine Holden centre console switch. We had much the same issue 12 months after fitting a much cheaper make of centre console switch and the Holden quality switch fixed the problem.

Ebay switch we purchased - Genuine GM Holden Power Window Switches Suit VT VX Commodore + WH NEW 92047005

Alex6999

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series 2
Go get yourself a brand new genuine Holden centre console switch. We had much the same issue 12 months after fitting a much cheaper make of centre console switch and the Holden quality switch fixed the problem.

Ebay switch we purchased - Genuine GM Holden Power Window Switches Suit VT VX Commodore + WH NEW 92047005

thanks for that. i was thinking it was something to do with the wiring
i'll use my mates switch when he comes around next to see if that makes the windows work

Alex6999

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series 2
Turns out it was the bcm. We had a low range in. Mid range is in now, drivers window works. Just not rear right
Used a multimeter on the plug. There's no power going to it.
Where would be a good place to check for power shortage?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Mine in my vx would work intermittently . The problem was one of the wires between the centre pillar ant door had crapped itself . Common problem.

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
I have a similar issue. Front windows work fine but back ones are temperamental and once they are down they don't like to go back up.

Alex6999

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series 2
still have a problem with the car, it's doing my head in
what bcm is needed for a vt series 2 is it mid or low range?

i've got both with the low range bcm in all windows work but drivers window. and the interior light works correctly
with the mid range bcm all windows including drivers work, but the interior light doesn't. it only comes on when key is on.

just noticed this because the battery in the key went flat. had to swap the bcm/keyheads over.

trying to find out what the problem is.

thanks.