Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power windows stuck.

HarroVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
hey guys, i own a vx acclaim and the other day the power windows on the drivers side and the back right door often get stuck and i have to fiddle around with the button and push really hard to get it to work and besides that, it only ever works %30 percent of the time.. . and i love driving with my window open. so i was wondering if anyone had any ways of getting to the power wondows console just in front of the centre console, with out taking apart my whole dash? or any other solutions?
help is much appreciated guys!

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
hey mate on either side of the cig light socket there should be 2 screws... take them out and carefully lift that section of the console up... i lift mine from just in front of the power window switch, be careful tho and the plastic can crack... this is the easiest way i have found to get the power window switch block out(i have seen the switch panel chip away when u try to do it when its still in the console) once u get it away from the console u can get ya hand under it and disconnect the p/window switch wiring..

hope this helps mate

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
My dads AU falcon had troubles with the Power windows.. It used to work then get stuck...
My bro got a can of WD-40 and sprayed it.. and works good as gold.. Dont ask me where he sprayed.. but he said it was sticky

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You can lever the switch block out without removing the console cover. Use a smallish flat blade screwdriver and use cloth to cover the blade to avoid scratching anything.
I recommend that you use electrical contact cleaner to clean the contacts in the switch block. You can buy the stuff at Jaycar, Dick Smith or Tandy. You can try spraying it into 4 switches without removing it first. Because of the design of the switches a lot of crud, dirt and sometimes drinks work their way in making the contacts dirty.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
You can lever the switch block out without removing the console cover. Use a smallish flat blade screwdriver and use cloth to cover the blade to avoid scratching anything.
I recommend that you use electrical contact cleaner to clean the contacts in the switch block. You can buy the stuff at Jaycar, Dick Smith or Tandy. You can try spraying it into 4 switches without removing it first. Because of the design of the switches a lot of crud, dirt and sometimes drinks work their way in making the contacts dirty.

Thats right.

I just bought a new switch block the other day from E-Bay, cost $30.

HarroVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Thanks heaps guys! ill try these out.
much appreciated!!