Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power windows switch alterations help/query

blackdoggg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hey all,
just wondering if anyone knows if the power windows switch can be altered.
To give you background why so you understand the context of the question:
In my VZ i have only front power windows.
I was thinking of (if its possible) getting a 4 door switch, so i have the read 2 buttons, and the lock button. Obviously the new 3 buttons would be useless.
However was wanting to know if it is possible to use the window lock button on there to toggle on/off neon lights or other accessory (in this case, neons).
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Paul

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
cant see why you couldnt do as your suggesting, unless the full switch block plug isnt the same as the half switch block.

its not too hard to hook them up if they are the same, simple spade plugs will surfice.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
have you pulled the plug off the back of the window switch block? u'll notice that spade (male) are on the switch block and the plug end has the female spade connections. what you can do is get the female spade connections and plug them into the plastic block (if it has spare spots for it) or slide them directly over the male connections on the window switch block.

yea you can em from most auto stores even k-mart, get a packet of mix connections, just electrical connectors that even come with a crimper tool. similar to what you've linked me to, but instead of the holes in the middle the spade is full, and the female ends slide over the top of them.

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
Yer its do-able, i convert VY/VZ switchs to work on VB to VL's all the time, there quite simple, just get yourself a short window switch loom from a 4 window model wrecked car, and solder away