Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Windows

S

sxgodess

Hello everyone..... Just curious... My power window mechanisim slipped out of it's little runner thing and my window fell in to my door.... I took the panel off but its hard to acsess it and the wheel wont sit back in the runner anymore it keeps popping out.. I'm assuming that i'll have to replace the whole mechanisim but i dont know where to start. does anyone have any ideas for me and some advice too.
Thanks everyone. :hit:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sounds like the runners have been bent when the window fell off...are the arms and the motor all still attached to the inside door panel? if they are, unbolt it (unless its held on by rivets...then its a bit hard)..take it out and check to see the arms are straight, bend them back into shape if they arent.
hopefully thats all it is, if its a case of needing a new mechanism just go to a wreckers and pick one up without the motor (it'll be cheaper that way, if your current motor is still ok).

gumbs

Spoon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jap Crap dreaming of an LS1
sircruisealotVS said:
hopefully thats all it is, if its a case of needing a new mechanism just go to a wreckers and pick one up without the motor (it'll be cheaper that way, if your current motor is still ok).

Don't bother about trying to get a mechanism with out the motor chances are the price difference will be very minimal and probably not worth the effort of swapping the motors. Just put your motor up on ebay you'll get around $75 or on here and you'll get around $50.

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
you'll have to undo the 2x 10mm bolts, get the bracket off first then drill out the rivets and remove the power window assembly, if you take your inside window seal off you should be able to look straight down and see if it's bent or not first