Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power windows

soccerfreek_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
hey guys

i own a vx executive series 1 sedan, has no power windows, ive checked under the console for the wiring loom and it has it, and i got a mate who has a vt stationwagon with powerwindows since she buyin a new car she said i can take her power windows, just wondering would it be like a complete swap, do i have 2 change anything else, checked my car for the fuse it doesnt have 1 in the spot but just wanted 2 know if there was anything else i would need 2 change

thanks

Promotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore International Dual Fuel LPG / UL
Would be quite a big job swapping everything including windows servo units, door skins center console switches facia etc etc etc, and many opportunities within that for something to not be exactly the same from one model to the other which could invalidate the whole process, while a good idea some good ideas end in alot of work and unsatisfactory outcomes.
Regards Chris

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
i can't see any reason for a VT to be different to a VX. they're the same car. shouldn't be too hard. the actual doors will be the same. all electric window stuff should bolt straight in. fairly time consuming. Sounds fairly straight forward if you're confident. Just be careful in the process that you don't scratch windows or break stuff, and spend a bit of time figuring out exactly what you need to do. perhaps start by pulling apart the manual mechanisms in your VX and you'll soon get the idea how it all fits. the electric stuff should replace it fine, and vice versa.

ps: i've never actually touched a VT onwards electric window, I am only going from experience with VN-VS doors, electric window motors, wiring looms, and VN-VS were all very compatible, so i assume it would be the same for VT onwards. no point holden changing stuff for the same car. but don't take my word for it alone cos as i said, i haven't dealt with VT onwards. see how you go.

cheers,
James

38camels

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
hey mate
i've recently converted my manual windows to power it was fairly simple but i needed to run to wires from the main plug in the centre consul to the drivers door as it runs through the bcm so by pass the bcm and no problems good luck!!

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
hey mate
i've recently converted my manual windows to power it was fairly simple but i needed to run to wires from the main plug in the centre consul to the drivers door as it runs through the bcm so by pass the bcm and no problems good luck!!

happen to take photos of the process? lol