Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power!

• Thread starter Australian&Antichrist
  • Start date
A

Australian&Antichrist

What can i do, to make my car, absolutly ****** fang? its a VS, i got pace maker extractors, n ****, what kinda chip would be good, is a k/w upgrade worth gettin? Turbos? just somethin to make it ****** fast!

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NXNVR-6

Is it a v6 or v8?

Uv got the extractors, think about getting the exhaust system done. Holden CAI unit. Put a shift kit in, if its auto.. LSD for a better take off. Turbo = costly, cos ur going to need to prep the engine, if ur serious about it. You sound like a pretty young guy, so I wouldnt wanna do too much in terms of increasing power. Get some expirence on the roads and get used to the power and its possibilities in all different scenarios for ur own sake. Theres also what I would go with.. a bolt on supercharger, overall cheap and apparently a decent percentage increase in power.

Lower the car professionally, for better handling and just to alter the center of gravity of the car. Aswell, with any major power upgrades, might wanna think about brake upgrades.

Just save ur cash.. get something with a GenIII in it in a few years. I havnt really seen anything too impressive when it comes to V6s without ALOT of money spent on it. Same with vr/vs execs/berlinas/calais with the 5.0l in them.. honestly a decent V6 can keep up with one, that or the car Iv come up against arent that good.

My suggestion.. exhaust & a cai system to work with the extractors.. lower it also.

A

Australian&Antichrist

thanks man, i'll have to think about it, and yeah i am fairly young, 19, i just want a fair bit more grunt. its a v6 mate, i have the exhaust system, sports exhaust, 2.5 inch all the way through,

i'll think about it, this is for **** to do after a few years man.

Cheers for the help, its appreciated greatly! :thumbsup:

V

VNBOY

get some roller rockers asap!

my car is only a buick with an exhaust CAI and roller rockers, and i can keep up with my friends stock VN SS until about 70.

your ecotec has an extra 30kW to begin with and you can get heaps better roller rockers for a ecotec. 1.9.1 as opposed to my 1.72.

im 19 as well and trust me with this setup your car will move!

get an LSD maybe a 3.7 ratio or 3.9.1 if you have money to burn on tyres :p and then a shift kit IMO as well.

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
whats a roller rocker

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
vnboy why did u waste ur money... the vns have 1 65 rockers and u put 1 72. lol too much money for that little more lift.. ye the good thing about the ecotec is that u can get FIT 1 9 1 rockers for like 600$$ u might need to get some springs aswell.. vlacs wat are rolller rockers.. well think about the v engine.. u got the cam above the crank.. then u have pushrods comin on a diagonal from the cam pushin the rockers.. and then the rockers control the valves.. so the bigger ratio rockers u can put on.. is like the same effect as a cam.. open the valves more and for longer.
antichrist read the guide to: i wrote even though its for buicks more still work for ecotec.. sept throttle body... all these things will give marginal increase.. if u want real power u have to start thinkin about boost stroke eg big big money!! Ooo and dont go 3 7 or 3 9 go 3 45 that why down the quarter mile u dont have to change that extra gear thus lowering ur time a slight bit!!

A

Australian&Antichrist

thanks for the info fellas, where's some good sites/shops to check for roller rockers, n **** like that to boost my car up? Been workin my ass off lately, soon to come is the electric windows, interior then engine work, **** me, i'll be heading towards $20,000's worth on this dam car haha.