Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Powerchip Tune For Alloytec

ash sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
Got it done, very happy with it - feels like there is more power everywhere particulary mid and top end, even the misses commented that she thought the car felt "heaps lighter" it winds up quicker and smoother - it idles a little smoother as well. Averaged a 9.2l/100k over the weekend travelling up the Newcastle and back (and driving round up there) - got down to 8.8 on the dash on the way up. I reckon you could do slightly better but my driving style doesn't allow it...

I can feel the changes made in the ETC feels more responsive and there is less hesitation. You still need to be beyond 2000rpm before it starts to pull though.

Currently all I have done is the K&N filter panel, have pulled the rear muffler off as well - looking at a set of Pacemaker header and exhaust (still un decided)

As for the Dyno, will get it done with the next service along with the pace's and exhaust.

commisme

iksayvz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ6
i want one! no if anybody in a.c.t can do this vcm tune?

commisme

iksayvz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ6
vtss350,can u tell me wat other mods ill have to do to accomodate the extra power + torque? my vz execy is stock as a rock! id love to get a tune for 220kws! is this genuine sort of figures attainable?

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
vtss350,can u tell me wat other mods ill have to do to accomodate the extra power + torque? my vz execy is stock as a rock! id love to get a tune for 220kws! is this genuine sort of figures attainable?

At a minimum I would sugest that you get extractors ,a full exhurst system and cold air induction.

220kws is a guess at the minute, but this is coming from someone that has allready seen over 300kw from this motor with a turbo on it.

Apperantly they run these cars very rich which means when you lean it out to the correct figures with the correct timing there is power to be made.

This was and still is the case with the LS1s. My VT LS1 picked up 80kw just by leaning the mixtures and playing with the timing.

S0 I believe that 25-40kw should be available from the alloytec V6 with a tune. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Make sure that you get a fully custom tune done when the software is available in a few weeks.

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
i want one!! when is the tunes going to out by? who r uz gonna use powerchip or vcm?

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
my tuner hasnt got hold of it yet due to the company (VCM or HP????) not being open. should be here within the next week. A few southern tuners are looking at early feb to start there tunes i found out today

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
has the vcm tune arrived yet? and who has some good experiences from it?

Crabito

Reaction score
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Members Ride
VE SS 2009 V8
Powerchip Or VCM ?
Which one is going to give me the best bang for my Buck ?
About to add CAI in and Looking at a Tune
help !!!

Last edited: