Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Powered Passenger Seat - Has anyone completed this mod on an SS?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
How different are the seat bolsters on a Motorsport as compared to a HSV variants?

Also, is it possible to retrofit the seat memory feature into the passenger seat with associated buttons on the passenger door (by for example using Chevy SS parts)?

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Also, is it possible to retrofit the seat memory feature into the passenger seat with associated buttons on the passenger door (by for example using Chevy SS parts)?
I've seen the individual parts available from 3rd party Holden parts suppliers. The one part that is elusive is the seat lower frame. Most people are recommending scavenging parted out frames from Calais/Caprice etc. My only concern is that the loom is not available on the SSV-R. I am lazy, I haven't looked to see if the plug is there. I was hoping someone else had forged that trail before me. But, I haven't had a solid response on several forums.

I know for sure, though, you can get the switch block, side cover etc from online parts suppliers. So, if our cars have the loom, it should be fairly easy.

I cannot comment about your seat foam question, but I know of many places (at least in QLD, VIC and NSW) that are retrofitting SS seats as HSV, using the same pattern and similar materials (also allowing customisation) whilst reusing the SS seat, airbag and frame.

Soon, I will be having my seats remade as HSV GTS patterned foams with a diagonal pillow-stitch cream on black leather with black on black Holden emblem embroidered into the headrest.

You can even specify the density of foam, for example; heavier, more resistant foam on the thigh bolsters.

Pricing seem consistent too, about as much as people are currently asking for wrecked genuine seats ($1600 for fronts, $900 for rear), which is a good deal if you want customisation, like me.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
How different are the seat bolsters on a Motorsport as compared to a HSV variants?

The seat designs between the 2 are different. My brother in law owns a Director and was over this morning. We both noted that my VF2 GTS bolstered seats hold you in more than the Limited Edition seats do. Both Limited Edition and GTS bolstered seats are way better then the standard Redline seats IMHO.
The VF2 GTS seat base bolsters in mine are 9.5cm high and the VF2 GTS seat back bolsters protrude 24cm out.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The seat designs between the 2 are different. My brother in law owns a Director and was over this morning. We both noted that my VF2 GTS bolstered seats hold you in more than the Limited Edition seats do. Both Limited Edition and GTS bolstered seats are way better then the standard Redline seats IMHO.
The VF2 GTS seat base bolsters in mine are 9.5cm high and the VF2 GTS seat back bolsters protrude 24cm out.

My E3 Maloo seats fit me so much better than the Magnum seats do...
Where did you get your custom seats done?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
My E3 Maloo seats fit me so much better than the Magnum seats do...
Where did you get your custom seats done?

Incharge Automotive in Tullamarine.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Does anyone know what parts you need for the conversion? I have the left electric seat rail, left side seat trim and the 6 way seat switch. Am I missing something?

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Ok. Just bought a complete set of VF R8 HSV seats and installed them into my 2013 SSV redline and the passenger side seat will not work. I'm having someone do the wiring so I can use the function..

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Ok. Just bought a complete set of VF R8 HSV seats and installed them into my 2013 SSV redline and the passenger side seat will not work. I'm having someone do the wiring so I can use the function..
I'd be interested in hearing what was eventually involved and how you went about it. Good luck with it all.