Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Powersteering pump wont budge

JmL300993

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sedan sv6
I got both twelve o clock an six o clock bolts off its just not moving, have to get it out to replace the tensioner which is totally wrecked theres almost zilch tension in it

What am i doing wrong tips ive seen so far are only the two bolts holding it in, do i need to get vicious with it an get it to budge or should it be fairly simple in removing once bolts are off?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I didn't remove the power steer pump, simply loosened/removed the bolts and levered it a little to get to the bolt half hidden behind the pulley.
I think I remember the metal tube is holding the pump.

JmL300993

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sedan sv6
Ty for reply, ive gotten 4 bolts off 2 on the front 2 of the right side, one behind the pulley, im having way to much trouble getting anything on it, im using pliers ti turn it slow as **** but hopefully by 12 tonight ill have it done been at tgis since 8 this morning a tip to getting thay bolt undone better would be awesome right now lmfao, rang a mechanic aswell who has a workshop manual, it said there was only 4 bolts so where the #### this 5th one csme from is bs

Last edited:

JmL300993

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sedan sv6
Also the bolt is definitely holding the pump in place what yearmodel is or was ur vz

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Also the bolt is definitely holding the pump in place what yearmodel is or was ur vz

Was 2006 VZ.
Present wagon is exactly same and is May 2007 build VZ.
Undo the far king power steer pump and lever it a little to get at the bolt behind the pully with a socket and ratchet.

JmL300993

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sedan sv6
Was 2006 VZ.
Present wagon is exactly same and is May 2007 build VZ.
Undo the far king power steer pump and lever it a little to get at the bolt behind the pully with a socket and ratchet.

Not sure what you mean by the king man so far ive gotten the bolt out maybe an inch little more
Maybe and its starting to wedge the whole pump yiu would think with how much its moved i would be able to get the third bolt off for the tensioner but no luck, mine was built 05

JmL300993

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sedan sv6
2iEYMuv.jpg

kmrqLx8.jpg

zKsMrY0.jpg

Few angles of what im looking at now.

JmL300993

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sedan sv6
Anyone got any idea still stuck here lol got told to bend some tools to get the fit i want but im looking for a much simpler way

JmL300993

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sedan sv6
FIXED: took awhile but the power steering punp just slid off the bracket that is holding it in place, had no idea it slid off the way it did, if any one else is having this issue

Step one: remove the two bolts with a socket on the front of the power steering pulley(rotating the pulley exposes the two bolts)

Step two: lightly tap the pulley on the top right hand side pointing towards to right side front wheel(passenger side) on a slight angle not directly towards the ground, the pulley will just slide on out. YM Nov05 built. VZ SV6 190 Ly7

Just put this here incase
Someone else had the same issue.

Simon Curnow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2007
Having the same issue, but not quite enough room for the tensioner bolt to come out. The third ps bolt on front left is stopping removal of pump enogh.