Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pre delivery checklist for 2013 ssv manual ute??

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
My ducks are starting to line up in a row now, so I'm 99% sure I will be picking up this new ute in a couple of weeks.
I want to ask the dealer to check that all current firmware updates are in place and to check for known issues before I take delivery.
I was thinking
1: climate control issue .
2: air conditioner condensation drain leak to under carpet
3: seatbelt issue recall

just wondering if there's anything I need to add to this list and if in fact all three issues apply to ute models and maybe the correct terminology to use when labelling these things.
I figure with what dealers charge for " pre delivery " this would not be an unreasonable request.
Should I ask for proof in writing that all these issues have been looked at and measures taken where necessary?
Any help greatly appreciated
Phil

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
Hi mate, I did exactly the same the other day before I collected my redline.

My dealer advised the following:

Climate control issue was claimed to be fixed, however I never saw first hand what the issue was and only found out about it on this forum
AC issue they advised there's no simple fix as only happens on random occasions.
Seatbelt issue recall has to be fixed, they cant sell you the vehicle unless its corrected.

Least you can do is ask, at least the dealer would then know that you know about potential issues and they should then get onto them

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
The Dealer is selling you a new vehicle. As far as they're concerned it is a new vehicle therefore all they are likely to do is make sure it is reasonably clean and presentable, affix plates, put some fuel in the tank and deliver to you. Any problems that arise after delivery will/should be dealt with via Warranty as far as they are concerned.

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
The Dealer is selling you a new vehicle. As far as they're concerned it is a new vehicle therefore all they are likely to do is make sure it is reasonably clean and presentable, affix plates, put some fuel in the tank and deliver to you. Any problems that arise after delivery will/should be dealt with via Warranty as far as they are concerned.

I agree with what your saying but they still cant sell a vehicle that has a issue that is worthy enough to require a recall.
Most of current dealers stock is prior to May 22 build so they have the seatbelt issue.
Therefore its up to the dealer to fix the issue prior to sale. So they have no choice but to do something about it.

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
Not sure about Holden but the majority of dealers put the recall completed sticker on the A pillar near the door lock bar thingy or on the B pillar under the door catch....as stated if its a safety recall it must be completed before vehicle leaves the premises any other recalls or faults to be covered under warranty