Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pre-Ecotec with Ecotec Performance Upgrades

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
Hi Guys,

Firstly you'll have to excuse my lack of forum etiquette, i will not lie, i am a newbie to forums!

My questions to those of you out there with the experience and know-how is...

I have a 1995 Manual VR Series II - (running - Performance Memcal, CAI, 2.5" High flow Cat, 2.5" Hi flow cat back Exhaust)
The current mods i have done have made a great improvement, the memcal being the best, it has smoothened the power band have improved the mid-top end pulling power hugely when coupled with the CAI. i am installing Extractors shortly, But...

I want to Supercharge the Engine, preferably using a Eaton type Charger that bolts to the top of the engine, over a stand alone charger (like CRS 2nd hand Toyota chargers,) Top mount Chargers place the throttle body before the charger eliminating the need for a BOV and the need to move the coil pack requiring longer spark leads, etc...

i have seen several advertised on e-bay, typically all 2nd hand VX Chargers, my question is.. Can the Ecotec designed top mount chargers fit (or be made to fit) a Pre-ecotec Engine? and if so how much work is it?

Note: i realise that i could keep looking until i source a VR charger, the few i have seen are missing parts or need repair, etc... If i can get a charger that is 3-7 years newer (VS-VY) i would definately prefer one of those.
Any help or experience would be greatly appreciated.

JA2Z

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
The VS onwards motor has different inlet port spacings so a new manifold would need to be made up to fit an eaton (maybe someone sells these), If your going to make the manifold and its your 1st time it'll take a few (million) shots at it to get it right not to mention flow bench testing etc, if you get someone else to make it it'll be expensive, im sure there must be some company that sells manifolds for these.

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
thanks, maybe i will have to bite the bullet and just settle for a CRS type Charger