Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pre gapped plugs have wrong gap!!

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
thaught i would let you guys know that ngk plugs that are ment to be pre gapped for vn commodores are actually gapped wrong.

I serviced my car yesterday and thaught rather than doing the usual and just putting the new plugs in i would check the gap

now all the plugs were spot on 1.25mm gap but according to both of my repair manuals they should be a 1.5mm gap so i took to them with my verniers and a flat head and gapped them to 1.5mm like my books say.

now i must say that gapping them has made my car smoother and more punchy down low.

so i recommend everyone checks there gaps when putting new plugs in and before you ask

vn/vp v6 = 1.5mm gap
vn/vp v8 = 1.0mm gap

and i think that vr and vs have different gaps again so check your manual if you own a different model

H

HATER VP

The gap is probley set for a different make and model. Probley a few cars that use the same plug but you'd think that commodore been the most popular car they would have it set to that spec.