Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pre Purchase Inspection

David1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 3.8 Manual S2
Hi,

I have been looking for a second hand ssv redline for a while now and one has come up in WA. Unfortunately I live in Brisbane so am not able to get to the dealership to do an inspection. Can anyone recommend a good company to get a pre purchase inspection through in the Perth area.

I have to get more details from the dealer first but wanted to make sure I have everything ready to go in case a deal is made.

Any other advise buying a car unseen.

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
I have used AAA vehicle inspections previously they have been good there report is quite comprehensive.

I am in perth just FYI.

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
yes forgot about them they are pretty good as well

Definatley not a fan of their service centres though.

David1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 3.8 Manual S2
Thanks for the replies guys.
Unfortunately I did not get the car, I asked for paper work etc to be sent to me and in the meantime someone paid a deposit over the phone.
I was not told by the salesperson that this could be done so a little annoyed but know for next time.

dazbug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
I just bought a SSV Redline from NT and I’m in VIC. If you find one, just pay a deposit ‘pending an independent inspection with the results to my satisfaction’ which will cover you if the inspector thinks it’s had a hard life etc. and you dont want to go ahead

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I just bought a SSV Redline from NT and I’m in VIC. If you find one, just pay a deposit ‘pending an independent inspection with the results to my satisfaction’ which will cover you if the inspector thinks it’s had a hard life etc. and you dont want to go ahead
I did exactly this, except I stipulated the addition of my inspection prior to proceeding. Get the dealer to fax or email a copy of the purchase agreement with this detail added in, with the fact that deposit would then be refunded and signed by the dealer.

David1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 3.8 Manual S2
I did exactly this, except I stipulated the addition of my inspection prior to proceeding. Get the dealer to fax or email a copy of the purchase agreement with this detail added in, with the fact that deposit would then be refunded and signed by the dealer.
I was intending to add these conditions and pay a deposit once I got the paperwork. Problem is after my call and before I was sent the paperwork another sales person at the dealer took a deposit over the phone. I was very annoyed because I was not told I could pay a deposit over the phone and under the impression I had to sign paper work before paying a deposit. I know better for next time.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I was very annoyed because I was not told I could pay a deposit over the phone and under the impression I had to sign paper work before paying a deposit.

Yes, you could pay a deposit over the phone however how would you satisfactorily attached any specific conditions to that payment without them being in writing ?

Remember the old adage.....if it's not in writing, it doesn't exist.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Yes, you could pay a deposit over the phone however how would you satisfactorily attached any specific conditions to that payment without them being in writing ?

Remember the old adage.....if it's not in writing, it doesn't exist.
Get them to send the agreement first, with your required details. Then make the deposit once you are satisfied you are covered.
Otherwise walk away fast, there's always another car.....