Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Precision Response vs Vifa

Leevers

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VS Ute
Hey all,
I'm after another pair of splits for my VS ute.. Already have a set of Alpine 6.5" splits in the door, and am going to surface mount another set of splits..

I am stuck though.. I know I can buy a set of Precision Response speakers online as Jaycar doesn't sell their 6.5" splits anymore, and I know they sound great as a few of my mates have them, and i personaly think they sound better than the type R splits that I have..

But Jaycar sell Vifa 6.5" splits, and i've never heard them before.. Has anyone got these speakers and what do they think of them? And if possible, if you ould compare, would you say go Response splits or the Vifa ones?

Price difference is only 50 bucks..

Help much appreciated..

madmaskbass

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl V8 wagon
hey dude just about to power up a set of VIFAS on friday night after i get my HU installed..we tried today but i never realised that vl commodore tape players are bolted to the f!#*king block (well almost) so i have to pay someone to fit it but i will let you know as soon as i get them going..they sounded much better than the name brands i thought so i will give them a crack..if they suck they can go in the back!!

Leevers

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VS Ute
Haha cheers dude, would be sweet if ya can get back to me on them :) I am stuck between the decision of them or the response ones.. Was gonna put them in the ute, although now im going to sell my ute.. Going to buy a 4x4 but am definatly going to put them in that

Langas

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
The Vifa's Jaycar sell are chinese knock-offs of the swedish vifa. I wouldn't give them the time of day personally.

The old Kevlar cone 6.5 response speakers were the go...I wouldn't touch much of the current range at all

How much are you looking to spend on a decent pair of splits?

$150-200 will get a nice pair of Morel Maximos or Crescendo Opus 1's....Both are in my opinion exceptional value for money.

Good Luck!

Leevers

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VS Ute
Thanks man, that ticks off the Vifas for me haha, response it is :)

Id fish on the internet for the old response splits, wasn't planning to go any of their new stuff originally..

I'm willing to spend 200 easy.. Ill look into the 2 you mentioned :)

Langas

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
Good move!

I had a set of the response 6.5's originally - They were great sounding in terms of quality but you couldn't really push them in terms of volume.

What state are you in?

Leevers

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VS Ute
Perth man.
I dunno about the response.. My mate has 4 of them in his space cab hilux, only getting 70w per speaker.. and they hammer like hell!

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
If you live in NSW then visit Wagner electronics they have a full range of vifa speakers. and othe euro brands.

Langas

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
I found mine would make a nasty popping sound when you really turned them up. I was able to confirm that this was very common with them over on MEA.

At the time I had them in an EF Falcon, running from a pioneer headunit and a response 4x100 amp.....Back in my early days of car stereo!

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
The Vifa's Jaycar sell are chinese knock-offs of the swedish vifa. I wouldn't give them the time of day personally.

Are they? I was about to say good things about the old (almost vintage) peerless/vifa speakers I built as a home theatre setup, but it might be a completely different kettle of fish