Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'Press Remote' ?

Swift

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
The other day I was driving along, doing nothing out of the ordinary; and suddenly there was a high pitch squealing coming from near the ECU, and the "Press Remote" light on the dash was lit up. A few minutes later it stopped. Does anyone know why that would happen, or what the "Press Remote" light even means?

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Vp's came with an immoboliser, wll mine did. it was a series II. The "press remote" light means the immobiliser is active. Im guessing the Scream from the ECU was that fact that the engine was pumping data into it and it was trying to shut it off.... Im guessing you have a wire fault somewhere... a potentianally scary problem too.... 100km/h and your engine just immobilses... hmmm.... scary...

You have an immoboliser? .... good question...lol.... if you dont... sire fault, maybe a short... or just a VP poltagist...

aZk.

Swift

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
azkwazere said:
Vp's came with an immoboliser, wll mine did. it was a series II. The "press remote" light means the immobiliser is active. Im guessing the Scream from the ECU was that fact that the engine was pumping data into it and it was trying to shut it off.... Im guessing you have a wire fault somewhere... a potentianally scary problem too.... 100km/h and your engine just immobilses... hmmm.... scary...

You have an immoboliser? .... good question...lol.... if you dont... sire fault, maybe a short... or just a VP poltagist...

aZk.

I have the stock mechanical immobiliser in the passenger side, plus an electronic car alarm immobiliser. I was driving with the 'Press Immobiliser' light on for a couple minutes, and the car was running fine. I should probably check all of my wiring, maybe the wiring for my neons or the car alarm are shorting out somewhere.