Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pressure Control Solenoid Fault (Auto SS)

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Gave the SS a bit of a boot full the other day and it ended up going into neutral while im doing 100km/h, then the check engine light came on. I was a bit worried but after shutting the car off for a minute all was back to normal. Then today it happened again while i was using the active select, i was in third gear and the tacho suddenly just went up to 6 grand and the car wouldn't move (stuck in neutral). Luckily i had a fault detector plugged into the ECU this time and it says error code "P2714 Pressure Control Solenoid D Performance or Stuck Off". Anyone else had this issue with their auto VE? Or can anyone tell me where the Pressure Control Solenoid is located? Im no mechenic and it sounds like it might be a bit difficult for a DIY...

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yeah likely only the trans needs a cleaning cycle, you can have it done through a tuner with EFIlive. How many km and when was the filter / fluid changed last?

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Yeah likely only the trans needs a cleaning cycle, you can have it done through a tuner with EFIlive. How many km and when was the filter / fluid changed last?

Car has 170,000km on the clock but the transmission fluid and filter were changed at 150,000, i should mention that this issue actually did happen once before the fluids and filter were changed.

Dazz06VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
06VESS
Hi everyone hope ur all having a good day. I have a problem with my 2006 VE SS transmission the engine light came on I got RACV out they diagnosed the problem as PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID 4 PERFORMANCE OR STUCK OFF does anybody know if a good clean and a service will fix this or do they have to replace the solenoids?