Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pressurised sump on my supercharged VP V6 and i cant find the PCV to replace it

scv6hilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 hilux supercharged vp v6
Hi everyone i just put a sc14 csr blower on to my vp v6 in my hilux, im having issues with pressurising the sump, i got a new pcv valve but i cant find where it is to replace it i also vented the rocker cover to help but its just spewing oil out and the dip stick geeps popping out even after i vented the rocker cover, im only running 5 psi. the throttle body is still after the blower. im reading mixed reports of the pcv being in the rocker cover its not there,
so any help with, would be great.
1) where is the pcv?
2) are there any other vac lines i need to block/ bypass?
3) how do i plum the catch can?
4) apart from blowby is there any other way the sump is getting the pressure?
5) do i need to plank off the s pipe that goes from the throttle body to the back of the inlet manifold.
thanks Kane

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Are you 100% sure it's not blowby past the piston rings? May be worth doing a cylinder leak test.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
PCV is underneath here, look for the hexagon screw top.

Attachments

• pcv location.jpg
    pcv location.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 3,993

scv6hilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
im not 100% sure but i spoke to castlemain today and he suspected it was the pcv playing up, i have a comp tester ill check it on the weekend, but im keen to get all the small things right before i drop it off to get tuned.

scv6hilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks fxst01, your a champ, no wonder i could not find it.

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Your pressurizing the sump because boost is opening the factory PCV valve... you gotta block off the hose that goes from the throttle body to your inlet manifold.. then run the one from your inlet manifold to a oil catch can setup..

Rowenb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Provent catch can breathers are the best looking units i've seen as they filter out the oily air coming from the engine before returning back to the engine if you choose so. I've tried making one thinking fine mesh would do the trick but doesn't work when you get bad blow by. Alot of people remove the pcv valve on turbo deisels because they've clogged up and can cause the engine to let go. Not sure what would happen on petrol motors.