Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Price / demand - VH SLE Commodore 1983

eXphoid

I have no license yet xD.
Reaction score
Website
www.exphoid.com
Members Ride
VZ executive & VS Equipe S2 Ecotec
Hey,

One of my family friends has a Holden 1983 VH commodore they would like to get rid of (preferably in the next few months) as they no longer need it. It's in fairly good condition but is rusty in some places.

There are no engine problems, one owner and it's a 5 speed manual.

I'm just curious as to whether anybody would be interested, is there any demand for the car, what's the best way of getting rid of it to gain some $$. How much should one of these be worth?

Edit: It's an SL not SLE

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Depends what engine etc and how come it's a manual. Anyway it will sell for 800 whatever it is. More like 1500 for a two tone 202, 2 grand for a two tone 253 and 2500 for a 308 (roughly) that's for an average sort car with minmal rust (not really visible) not mint but good and usable. A good near mint 308 or injected 304 conversion will be worth 5 grand +

eXphoid

Reaction score
Website
www.exphoid.com
Members Ride
Why wouldn't it be manual? I don't understand the model much but i'm assuming it would be a 2.85 L6 if that means anything to anyone...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Why wouldn't it be manual? I don't understand the model much but i'm assuming it would be a 2.85 L6 if that means anything to anyone...

The 3.3 litre 202 was the base engine in the SLE you couldn't get the smaller 6. But I'd say more than half of them were 253s and a few 308s. There were no manuals, well maybe those they were being sent to Brock. It might not even be an SLE, you see alot advertised for sale as SLE's which aren't

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
The VH Commodore came with a 1.9 litre 4 cylinder or a 2.85 litre 6 cylinder, a 3.3 litre six, 4.2 V8 and a 5 litre V8. Transmissions consisted of: 4 speed manual, 5 speed manual, 3 speed Trimatic and a 3 speed Turbohydramatic 350 automatic transmission. Models included SL sedan and station wagon, SL/X sedan and wagon, SS sedan and SL/E sedan. A total of 141,018 of the VH were built.

Last edited:

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
VH SL/Es only had 202, 253 and 308, all auto, non manual. Unless its a HDT ADP.

eXphoid

Reaction score
Website
www.exphoid.com
Members Ride
Agh... it's an SL.
It used to have an SL badge, (was badged). It's got one of those blue inline six cylinders in it.