Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Price difference?

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Was just looking about and there is 60 dollars difference between vn-vy v6 cai systems.. They look almost the same so why the price difference?

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Yes I know the motors are different.. Talking about the box design part of the cold air intake.. They look very similar

MACE

Reaction score
The price difference is around $30 from understanding, however I think that there is a special running on the earlier boxes at the moment (VN-VS)

The main differences in regards to price from the VN-VS to the VT-VY CAI kits is that the later model ones require more material but more importantly are more difficult to make due to the fold line for the top tabs not being parallel to each other

if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Fair enough.. I was on eBay and saw the vn v6 for 190 and the vy v6 was about 250.. That's all mate just wondering why the price difference when they look ruffly about the same size..

MACE

Reaction score
Fair enough.. I was on eBay and saw the vn v6 for 190 and the vy v6 was about 250.. That's all mate just wondering why the price difference when they look ruffly about the same size..
The earlier ones are on special at the moment, hence the price. But they're normally around the $20-$30 mark difference