Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Price of E10 Vs ULP PULP

Will suga industry problems afect fuel prices

• Yes but E10/E85 only

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Yes All fuels E10 ULP, PULP

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no it shouldnt have anything to do with it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hdtkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commy
Hi everyone

Given everything that's happened in Australia recently i fear we may be heading back to the bad old days of fuel being over priced.

recently on the news i have seen them say the sugar industry will lose 500million, and E10 is based on sugar, so will that affect the price of E10, or will it hit ULP and PULP also.

cheers

Last edited:

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Nice spelling.......

Most likely all fuel prices would be affected if anything.

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
i work at woolworths just as a job to get me through yr 12, and theres been stories about the woolworths and coles servo's making the money back through petrol that they lost to all the fruit n veg....damn woolworths and their 45million dollar profit last year.

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
To my understanding even though australia only imports 25% of its oil, the price of fuel is based on if we had to import all of it. So logically it should only affect the ethanol based fuels, and normal fuel will continue to be priced according to the cost of importing it from Singapore...

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
"Heading back to the bad old days of fuel being overpriced?" Our fuel has been overpriced for years. Soon E10 or Premium will be our only options, hence for all of us who use premium, we could be paying WAY more than we are now, Government wants us to use E10.
The ethanol shortage will be an excuse to raise fuel prices whether it is directly related to it or not. Expect to pay heaps more quite soon. Already, up here, fuel has gone up 5-10 cents per litre in the last two weeks.
It's a real piss off, considering it's a nessesity like electricity, water, phone, etc.

Just my opinion and two bob's worth.....

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
How often is only one fuel price affected? Aside from LPG, all price increases are relative across the board. I don't, and never will, put E10 into my car. It provides poor performance and poor economy, and isn't worth the initial money saving. We don't have it down in my town in regional SA anyway. So, if the government go through with their intention to only provide E10 and Premium, regardless of price, I'll still stick with premium. I'm a fan of E85 though, and will wait until Holden get the 3.6 engine compatible with it and buy one.

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
One Servo in my immediate area sell's E10, on average its about 4 cents cheaper than regular unleaded.

Premium 95 is about 12 cents, and premium 98 is anywhere from 15 to 18 cents a liter dearer.

Never touched E10, heard stories about it, I'll stick with my premium 95, although there slowly beginning to phase that here also.

It's going to be great if and when they replace all petrol with just E85 and premium 98.