Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Price Thread

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
Hey i know there is heaps of these thread's, but this one can just be dedicated to prices, so if you wanna know how much something is, post here, maybee an admin will make this a sticky thread :)...

Now to start, i wanna get these things done, A vr engine and gearbox rebuild, Bt1 rebuilt diff, new suspension (made for comfort not speed), and all new steering gear, (arms etc etc), i figured if im gunna do up a commy may as well do it up properly, so what sort of prices am i looking at, from my knoledge i was thining bout 6500-7500, or around that...

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Why get a VR engine... Get a VP as it is a better all round engine. The changes made to the VR 3800 were for the worse imo and it has a few issues which the VP does not.

As for the diff, I got a 5L V8 diff out of a VN Calais for $100, and its going to cost just over a grand to have it rebuilt with 3.89 diff gears as soon as I get my car repaired. Its around $450ish just to have the diff rebuilt.

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
Who agree's, Do you all think that a vp series 2 engine was the best 3800, not counting ecotecs

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Yep. VN SII - VP motors, are the better ones. They seems to have got it right around those series. Before it was I guess was like a trial motor and after...well, they made changes that were not for the better.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Put an ECOTEC in a VN!
Cheaper modifications! LoL

Cheers
MaT

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
ok, ive got one... how much does it cost to have the rear main seal replaced on a VN S1? and a rear main seal replaced on a VN S2/VP?

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
vn/vp auto's are cheaper to replace too. not being electronic and all