Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Prices

D

DaveP

hey guys, im gettin my new VL Calais in a few days and i gotta get some sound in the cabin. i had some alpine and pioneer gear in my VN but am selling it all, so i gotta start from scratch. i dont wanna go too big yet, like with subs and what not, just want splits, 6x9s, amp and head unit.

went to sound in motion in noosa today, they quoted an Alpine CDA-9807 head-unit, type S splits, type S 6x9s and a $300 alpine amp (not sure of the model) for $1200 all fully installed.

then i went to JB HI-FI and the said a Pioneer DEH-P5550 head-unit, Pioneer splits, JL 6x9s and a Pioneer amp (dunno any of the models) would set me back about $1100 installed.

what do u guys reckon? im keen for the alpine system because i know alpine is better quality gear, but let me know what u guys think. i only listen to rock/punk and **** like that, so i dont need subs.

cheers guys

dave

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
The sound in motion deal sounds the best by far, especially considering it's all alpine and close to home. As for subs, meh you save a fortune not listening to doof

Cheers

Jake

D

DaveP

haha yeah true man, doof's ****!! yeah alpine sounds good hey. i was chattin to the dude at sound in motion and he reckons alpine rips over pioneer. he sells both brands so i figure he knows what he's on about.

thanks for ya suggestion bro

T

Tony

i listen to everything so i need subs for hip hop and dance, but just turn off bass when listening to metal and rock.

i reckon the alpine deal, but if i was you i would try and get some type-r's thrown into the deal at a lesser price in the boot. That would rock hard.
Although, without them your still getting a pretty good deal but you could probably get all those components second hand much much cheaper and install them yourself, even if you dont know what your doing go over here and have a chat to these guys.
http://www.caraudioaustralia.com
go to the message forums and ask them about your deal, they know alot more than me and will point you in the right direction

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
QUOTE (DaveP @ Mar 16 2004, 07:18 PM) haha yeah true man, doof's ****!!

i was chattin to the dude at sound in motion and he reckons alpine rips over pioneer.
doof doof isnt ****... its class

ive heard someone say the same thing about alpine killing pioneer. a guy at one of the audio shoppes here said it.

if you can afford it, go the type R's as they are awesome! a mate of mine has type R splits in the front of his car running off an amp and it hurts your ears when he turns it up loud.