Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pricing help for 1997 hsv gts vs 6 speed only 25000km

Molly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hsv gts 1997 6 speed vsii sedan
Hi, I can't find comparable car to identify a price range for HSV GTS VS 6 SPEED,1997. Only has 25,000km. Does anyone have advice of where I should go to get an idea.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hi, I can't find comparable car to identify a price range for HSV GTS VS 6 SPEED,1997. Only has 25,000km. Does anyone have advice of where I should go to get an idea.

What is the price on the one your looking at ?

I wouldn't expect there wouldn't be many for sale.....Car Sales has one (above) and Gumtree one VR GTS (https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/cars-vans-utes/hsv-vr-gts/1206476510).....to compare with.

Both have many, many more kms than the one you seem to have found to expect a far higher price tag than these.

Molly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks.confirming is gts not gts r.

Molly

Reaction score
Members Ride
The car is mine and thinking of selling and hence why trying to get an idea on what is worth. Thx for the links. Have seen that gts r, but not sure is comparable

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Unfortunately your in the area of what ppl are prepared to pay for it rather than worth...there are ppl out there that will pay big money for the right car but they are getting fussier and rarer.....also you have to deal with scammers ect good luck if you decide to sell... if me Id try and hang onto it..

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The car is mine and thinking of selling and hence why trying to get an idea on what is worth. Thx for the links. Have seen that gts r, but not sure is comparable

What colour is it ?

IMHO, Cherry Black would attract a premium.

Here is one more VR - https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/detail/hsv-gts-635147

Lower kms and higher price than the other two.....having said that, this vendor can be on the highside.

Ultimately, it is going to be difficult to get a direct comparison on a car like this.

Have you considered putting it up for auction through Shannons ? They seem to get good prices for good, rare cars.

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
there are ppl out there that will pay big money for the right car but they are getting fussier and rarer

but in saying this many of these so-called available cars are simply greedy opportunists that are not "genuinely motivated sellers", just teasers out there hoping to find a numb nut that is easily parted with his money.

Wasn't that long ago that all these HSV Clubbys, and Senators etc. were worth no more than 20K tops and even then that was drawing a long bow and would take ages to sell. I still very much feel that there are a lot of people out there that are going to get their fingers severely burnt with this sudden V8 skyward craze..........and as we know with crazes, they finish as quickly as they start.