Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Printer probs pt II

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
do you have another cable to test with??? are your USB ports disabled in the BIOS?? easiest way to test is plug in an IPOD or USB Flash drive and see if that works.

If not then enter the bios, make sure the USB Ports are enabled, if they are, then well.... grab your wallet, 9mm and go to computer store.
Yeah getting another cable to try. Ports work fine with my iPod, my phone, flash drive, etc.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Oh here's a thought! Do you know if your computers ports are USB 1.1 or 2.0? If they're 1.1 or not at full speed it could be causing the issue (this can also be in the cable - the speed)... when you copy something to your iPod for example does it copy at a very quick speed (like instantly) or take a bit?

I think usb 1.1 is 12mbit or 1.5MB a second while usb 2.0 is 480mbit or 60mb a second

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Oh here's a thought! Do you know if your computers ports are USB 1.1 or 2.0? If they're 1.1 or not at full speed it could be causing the issue (this can also be in the cable - the speed)... when you copy something to your iPod for example does it copy at a very quick speed (like instantly) or take a bit?

I think usb 1.1 is 12mbit or 1.5MB a second while usb 2.0 is 480mbit or 60mb a second
Motherboard, hence rear ports, is 2.0.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Prob the USB port on the printer, canon have made a heap of crap printer the last 3yrs, since they started doin chipped carts their build quality has dropped heaps.

Ive had 3x canons with dead usb's in my shop, all still in warrenty, back to canon...yay

Id just get a tissue with sum metho on it, stick it in yo usb try clean up the connectors, or check if any are tereminals are damaged.

Figure you have DL the newest driver??

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Prob the USB port on the printer, canon have made a heap of crap printer the last 3yrs, since they started doin chipped carts their build quality has dropped heaps.

Ive had 3x canons with dead usb's in my shop, all still in warrenty, back to canon...yay

Id just get a tissue with sum metho on it, stick it in yo usb try clean up the connectors, or check if any are tereminals are damaged.

Figure you have DL the newest driver??
Yeah mate downloaded the newest drivers. I'll wait for the new cable and try cleaning it out but if its the same still time to try and find the receipt.

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
Have you previously installed any other printers on the PC? Go through device manager and ensure that there aren't any driver conflicts. While in device manager, ensure that the device is enabled for use, not disabled, and has no associated errors.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
As per above, to remove drivers, go into Printers area > File > Server Properties > Drivers(tab) and get rid of any old/duplicate ones in there.

May not help, but will clean up either way.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
For anyone interested, I changed the printer cable to a new one..............all fixed:thumbsup: