Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Privacy/spying, does the US have any info on you?

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Again, facts should not be confused with what you may think is my opinion. I do not have 'beloved soldiers'or a fear of not following unlawful orders. I do not consider a dead child to be a 'sad consequence' - I have more respect for life than that.

The United States funded and armed the Mujahideen to kill and destroy inside Afghanistan to get rid of the Russian supported government. The Mujahideen were good killers and liked to fight, so ended up fighting with themselves, and splintered.

Simplistically, both the Taliban and Al Qaeda were born from/strengthened by the US armed Mujahideen. Ironic then that the United States is now fighting them. The United States is now fighting the same people it used to fund and arm.

If you fund and arm a group of people to kill their enemies then you must be careful to not become their enemy - as they will kill you.

Afghanistan is complicated. If you are there killing both militants and civilians you have to know why.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Again, facts should not be confused with what you may think is my opinion. I do not have 'beloved soldiers'or a fear of not following unlawful orders. I do not consider a dead child to be a 'sad consequence' - I have more respect for life than that.

The United States funded and armed the Mujahideen to kill and destroy inside Afghanistan to get rid of the Russian supported government. The Mujahideen were good killers and liked to fight, so ended up fighting with themselves, and splintered.

Simplistically, both the Taliban and Al Qaeda were born from/strengthened by the US armed Mujahideen. Ironic then that the United States is now fighting them. The United States is now fighting the same people it used to fund and arm.

If you fund and arm a group of people to kill their enemies then you must be careful to not become their enemy - as they will kill you.

Afghanistan is complicated. If you are there killing both militants and civilians you have to know why.

Indeed, yes, the US did arm the Afghan guerilla fighters. (One of which was Bin Laden...) When the cold war ended and the Russians retreated, the US then ditched them. You could say they felt very used, and became angry. There was no real US plan (that I am aware of) of post cold war Afghanistan, and the place descended into chaos under the Taliban. The US can be so very short sighted when it comes to foreign policy. US gave military aid to Iraq in the 1980s during the Iran-Iraq war. ( This aid included WMDs. They then go and invade Iraq because they (supposedly) had WMDs. WTF?? :bang:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover

And all this is coming from a

dum person that can bearly reed and right the I am two stupid to understand why we are killing men, women and children in another country.

Thankyou my betters for protecting me from all the terrible facts so I do not have too think.

Which I know is sarcasm.