Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Private/Witheld numbers

Witholding your number

• Get rid of the stupid phone option

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Keep it

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Well if you owed people money and they were ringing you and you knew it was them and what they wanted and you dident have the coin would you answer the call ??? im tipping the answer is no :yeah:
he sometimes answers... and when he does he puts on a sob story

i just laugh to myself... thats what happens when you think its a good idea to go and put 40K worth of stuff you dont need on finance 2 months AFTER your parents bail you out of debt. goes to show that some people dont learn

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
the calls you are getting are either someone you have annoyed or a telco.

as for why some people need the private option? my brother is in the media and has more than once been harrassed by people he has had contact with. this is why he now has an unlisted, private number. even something as simple as calling the fish and chip shop was risking his number being available.
thats just one example, im sure there are many reasons.

to VUV6, that is criminal behaviour, not fun activity. save it for your own sadlittle life and dont brag about it on here.

And for the record, the police will never contact you from a private number. i found this out when i had a disgruntled kid member (i believe from this site...) calling at stupid hours claiming to be the cops. wasnt worth chasing up the pain in the arse but just having the cops know who it was in case it happened again was satifying enough....for interests sake!

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Whilist i dont like private callers, i do answer them. its about respecting ppls privacy. i dont hide my mobile number or my house phone.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I love those (soz for sterotyping) indian people that cal

It's funny sometimes getting the Indian turkeys. :)

Got one recently that said... "Hello, I would like to speak to Mr or Mrs Blahblah" I said yeah, after recognising the Indian accent. He said "My name is Peter and..." I said your name is not Peter" He said "My name is Peter" I said no it's not, you're calling from India... He said "Yes I am an Indian..." I said "Goodbye" That was it.

Bloody Peter. Like really. You have probably seen the call centre crap reports on Sixty Seconds and ACA. :D

Last edited:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
well for a couple of months my brother had private on, and i receive a private call. i pick up and say "what do you want?" only to have "Don't talk to your mother like that!!" come back at me, so i simply explained that only my brother normally used private numbers and if she does not wish to reveal to me the fact that she is calling, then she shall be addressed accordingly.

as for call centers well i got a funny one for you.

when i switched my home phone from telstra to IInet ( who hoo speeds, i dont run up its bills and same line rental ^_^ )

for 3 months after i did the switch i had telstra people trying to bring me back, i naturally declined but figured well they're trying to do a job, i have kindly asked each of them to make note that i am firm in my choice.

but i only had two normal call centre technicians. the other few were acctually aussies, one guy sounded like he was plucked from a farm in QLD, handed a script and told to try and convert me. great character and i found it a giggle a couple of the people i got were on IInet aswell ^_^

ahhh goodtimes. though i dont have the flat anymore so its no longer a matter to me.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Heres a fact for ya ..... NO lies.... Telstra doesnt actually have any overseas Internet help desk. I found this out when we got warned at AAPT for telling people that they may have. Im not to sure on cold calling but i dont think theyhave any overseas call centers. As for other telcos im not sure ;)

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
And for the record, the police will never contact you from a private number. i found this out when i had a disgruntled kid member (i believe from this site...) calling at stupid hours claiming to be the cops. wasnt worth chasing up the pain in the arse but just having the cops know who it was in case it happened again was satifying enough....for interests sake!

um actually.
the police have rang me off a private number before.
no joke. only this year aswell.
weather they are allowed to or not im unsure.
they arent allowed to choke a 18 year old.
but these jacks are corrupt as.

but due to the fact they have my mobile number most of the
time i just leave it on silent and dont answer.
unless its a mate that shows his caller id.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
as i said, ive also had the cops call me from a private number asking if i called them the night before about tool kits doing burnouts at an oval near my place keeping me awake. they organised to come around and get a statement and stuff (even gave them rego and car details too).