Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Private/Witheld numbers

Witholding your number

• Get rid of the stupid phone option

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Keep it

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Anyone had private callers ringing and hanging up when you answer? Damn gutless pricks.

If I had my way, there would be no private number blocking at all. These pricks think they have control with their blocking. There is no good reason why you need to block your number.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Due to some 'stalking' issues with an ex of mine I refuse to answer any calls that come up as private, all my family, friends, work, etc know that I use caller id before I answer the phone and are fine with this

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I sort of need to answer them because there are others in the house and it could be something important from a company. The problem is that also pisses me off is people NEVER leave a message on the answering machine. I say stuff it. If they don't leave a message then it musn't be important.

Most of them are from phone spammers anyway wanting you to do surveys or donate money. We don't have a silent number but you can do it manually to block. ie. 1831 then the number.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
That is funny as Troy. :rofl: He owes them money, but they hide their identity! :rofl:

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i hate private numbers, & i dont answer them, at all

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Due to some 'stalking' issues with an ex of mine I refuse to answer any calls that come up as private, all my family, friends, work, etc know that I use caller id before I answer the phone and are fine with this

What if its a hospital or a police calling you with bad news and they have a private number? Or your family, friends, work frineds have a accident and they ask someone to call you for some reason and you dont answer it?? No one seems to think of this and thats why i answer every call if its someone i dont want to talk to i hang up if they call again who cares its there money let them talk all they want hahahaha

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Then they can leave a message if it's urgent, when the police contacted me recently regarding an incident at the venue I work at they didn't use a private number, I can't see hospital's blocking their numbers either