Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pro plus vaccum gauge dimmer wire?

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
hey all my new pro plus vaccum gauge has arrived and ive noticed it dosnt come with a dimmer wire, does anybody know if i can wire one in or if the gauge is un dimable, it has 4 plugs but only 2 are used

also while were on the subject does anybody know if the gauge can change colour? it dosnt have a button on the back of it like the other gauges do

just curious

cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i had the same thing with my O2 guage box said multi colour no switch and it didnt have the dimmer wire i added the dimmer wire and it still didnt dim damn cheap crap

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
whats to stop you from hooking the illumination wire to the same wire your cluster gets its illumination power from? instead of the headlight power.

That way, when you switch your headlights on, the cluster will illuminate, as will the gauge, like normal.... BUT.... when you dim your cluster with the factory dimmer on the headlight switch, the reduced voltage that dims the cluster, will also dim the gauge?

Im not sure how it will work... but it should? ... try it and let us know?