Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Prob!

S

stefanclozza

Help ,help.........this is a genuine request.
Just locked my only set of keys in my stock VN 1991,this is problematic cause i need to tow my trailer to work.
I do not have rac membership
Should my wife and i attack a door each with a coat hanger?
Any advice appreciated...........

Stefan

Last edited by a moderator:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
try to pull the outside window mould off, then shove a coathanget with a smell bent down there get a torch an push down on 1 of the rods, should work mate.

Probably an easier way... Try another key in the vn's lock, might have stripped over the years.

Cheers
MaT

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Firstly, get your bloody address out of your post..

Next, if you have a membership, call your local car association. RACV, NRMA, RACQ, whatever you WA-ites call it. That..

If you don't know what you're doing and try to bust it open, odds are you'll screw up the mechanism or something..

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
you'd be suprised how many vn's your own key can start

this happened to me at phillip island man, we were using wire to unlock the door
couldnt get it, called racv and he did teh same thing just got it

the trick is, use THICK wire a coat hanger wont work trust me,
what u do is there is a gap between the passenger side door (use this door as its not a master locker therefore easier to unlock) slid it in between the doors (easy) then pull it out and bent it into shape, your goal is to try and unlock the actual lock on the trip

or you can do it hozy's way which works aswell, aim near the door lock its self.... breaking into a vn is easy but breaking into a VT is easier, all u have to do is jump on the roof and apparently it has a roll sensor, and it unlocks all the doors

this is the reason i installed keyless access because im always locking my BLOODY keys in my car, and yes i only have 1 of them

your other option is to smash a window,
the rear quarter panel on the door its self would work, a new panel will set u back $15 + seals and installation

cost me $50 for a alarm, keyless entry, remote start, remote boot access, immobalizer ect.. invest in one to protect one of the easiest cars to steal :p

oh dude lol listing your address is a bad idea, your saying "I have a VN commodore in my driveway with no alarm installed with the keys inside it waiting to be stolen, no hot wiring required first in first serve"

and if i were u go to RACV or NRMA or what ever its called and sign up for road side assist, its like $30-50 for 3 callouts u dont have to be insured with them, hell do it tommorrow and they can help u.... each callout they will fix the problem if they can (parts cost money) or organise a FREE tow aswell as a roadside mechanic, its worth it trust me!

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
DONT smash a quarter window, theyre bloody expensive to replace, cost me aobut $120

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Hey I locked me keys in my VP on Tuesday night couldnt get the lock to un-lock after about 2hrs off tryin with many different size wires...So i went round to the wreckers n priced a front passenger side window and it was $22 for the window and took 45min to fit...Priced a locksmith they wanted $85, NRMA wanted 230 membership fee.they dont do break-ins unless ur a member.... The front windows are easy to change heaps easier than a 1/4 window or back door window....