Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem, after problem, after problem.

DavoVP

Reaction score
Ok my question is, will my manual bits off my S2 vp commonwhore fit a vs.............

Ive reached a high level of frustration with this crappydore, you fix it, and another part breaks, classic example tonight, I had to crawl under it to fix up a leaky fluid transfer pipe of my steering rack... ( im not even sure if its fixed i cant move it till morn ) and while i was at it i figgured id fix my flappy door trim which only just broke.

So i fixed that, and the junk compartment they have on these door cards, and then the crappy bit of plastic just behind the side mirror decided hey i dont wanna go back on because when you removed me my frail arsed shitty plastic clip decided to brake, and no the screw isnt good enuff,just to **** with you, im going to completly fall off leaveing just the screw in there and the remains of plastic stuck behind it.

Yeah, ok im ranting.

Long list short,

Gearbox = no good
Motor = no good due to sticky lifter and iradic idle.
Clutch = no good.
throw out bearing = no good.
Diff = no good.
Brakes = no good.
Paint = no good.
Tyres = no good.
Interior = fair condition but not good enuff for me !

Im fighting the very strong urge to petrol bomb this thing just so i can get the sadistic satisfaction of watching it burn for causeing me so much frustration.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
true some nulon lifter free tune up thing in your oil that fixed my tick, then add some nulon fuel system cleaner in ur petrol mite clean ya injectors lol thats one thing fixed for ya :p

sorry to hear bout your car man that last line of ur message made me laught too

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Sounds normal, whats the problems you have.

DavoVP

Reaction score
haha no worries man, Im glad you saw the funny side :D

lifter free doesnt work, the lifter is shagged.

I just think im at the point where to me this car has to many problems to be worth fixing up again and want to move on to something better, BUT it has to be manual ! I refuse to drive another auto commy EVER !

DavoVP

Reaction score
haha no worries man, Im glad you saw the funny side :D

lifter free doesnt work, the lifter is shagged.

I just think im at the point where to me this car has to many problems to be worth fixing up again and want to move on to something better, BUT it has to be manual ! I refuse to drive another auto commy EVER !

Oh the Q with the rant attachted was will my go bits of my vp fit mate up to a VS, specificly the manual transmision !!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Just to give you an indication thus far the only mechanical bit I haven't had apart in my VP is the fuel tank. Most other parts have been out on multiple occasions. Get used to it if you want something this old.

Reaper

DavoVP

Reaction score
I was thinking of a VS, But only if i can score a manual or bolt my manual bits from the VP onto it lol.

3rd time lucky ?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
maunal t5 from a vp will bolt up to the Vs no worries, but you will need to have the ecu tweeked by doctor bob or i even think greenfoam can do them now and you will need to mod the trans wiring loom of the vs and possibly do somthing with the speedo sensor as i thin its a cable on your car and the VR/S is electronic. Unsure if the pedal box will fit, i have a sneaking suspicion it will

DavoVP

Reaction score
can u be 100% sure about this ? , the VP is a buic and VS is a ecolump...... Different fly wheel balance, not sure about crank bolt pattern or bell houseing bolt pattern.