Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem: News Tyres, air compressor

Ta Moo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s
I went to change my old Tyre to news. But later when I pick up and went to servo for pressure checking. Because it look bad, if Tyre look alright. I wouldn't check the pressure. the 3 Tyre was nearly fk the rim. And one seem to be in good psi. Then put a hose in. Wow, don't know what happen there. All 3 Tyre below 22psi. But the one that look right was in the correct psi.
Next day after work, looking at the Tyre. 2 of the Tyre were were below 22psi.
Then pump with air compressor that connect to car lighter plug. Took it back to a shop. Then they check. Nothing leaking. But one of the guy ask me. Where do you check the pressure and I say servo. He says never pump your Tyre or check pressure at servo because the psi will be off and servo will never give a correct psi.
Then I been told to bring back the car next day to check pressure. And went back next day. Check all pressure is correct.
I don't know, what happen there.
If anyone could explain that would be great. The thing is that. After I pump my Tyre at servo and close the value. I can see compare to the one I didn't pump yet. It different. And next day check Tyre without air compressor. I notice the different straight away. If it the servo compressor not good. Then how can I notice the different on Tyre rise height.m even straight away.
So help me. What happen there.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Oh dear me. Serious stuff here.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Tyres probably not sealing on the wheel when first fitted. Sounds like they are all good now but keep checking regularly until 100 percent sure.
Never check your pressure at the servo, hahaha so 95 percent of Aussies are doing it wrong LOL.
If you want to be really anal you can buy an expensive pressure gauge but I bet it reads within 1 psi of most servo's.

Ta Moo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s
Oh my man Gossie. This is True not a joke.
And my man Greenacc I believe you were right because in past when I check pressure they were right. Only 1 psi off.
But for Tyre sealing ,Ouch man. When they check it. They didn't take off the Tyre. Just a rim. And dip in water buket. Then that it. Because I want in front of them. Maybe the water doing something or maybe solution is self **** but want to become good.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I use the servo air a lot. I bought a $20 pressure gauge and keep it in my glove box. The guage i bought is really accurate too. I use it on my race bike where pressures of 1psi can make a fair difference in handling. The cheapish gauges are a lot better than they used to be 20 years ago.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I use the servo air a lot. I bought a $20 pressure gauge and keep it in my glove box. The guage i bought is really accurate too. I use it on my race bike where pressures of 1psi can make a fair difference in handling. The cheapish gauges are a lot better than they used to be 20 years ago.
How close does your gauge match the servo reading?
Most of the servo's in Sydney have digital pressure readouts now. I really doubt they would be wrong.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
How close does your gauge match the servo reading?
Most of the servo's in Sydney have digital pressure readouts now. I really doubt they would be wrong.
within 1psi at my local. So i reckon he has an accurate gauge.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I know it's an old thread but it sounds like the beads are leaking.