Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem: News Tyres, air compressor

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I always recommend people use their own pressure gauge to check their own tyre pressures...Not a servo one.....

I have 2 seperate tyre pressure gauges at work, other than the tyre machine ones and the tyre pressures vary by 5 psi between the 2.....

One of them is a michelin one and the other is the old style servo ones.......

As for a tyre not sealing when fitted from new....The only times a tyre will leak from the bead is if the bead is torn, or some style of wheel weights cause a leak or the bead of the rim has a build up of crap that hasn't been cleaned off prior to fitting the tyre....If it's not loosing air constantly over a couple of days, I'd be putting it down to not being inflated correctly when fitted, or when it was being checked at the servo, the air chuck wasn't put on correctly initially, causing air to escape

Ta Moo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s
Correct, and as long as you know how much psi off by th
I always recommend people use their own pressure gauge to check their own tyre pressures...Not a servo one.....

I have 2 seperate tyre pressure gauges at work, other than the tyre machine ones and the tyre pressures vary by 5 psi between the 2.....

One of them is a michelin one and the other is the old style servo ones.......

As for a tyre not sealing when fitted from new....The only times a tyre will leak from the bead is if the bead is torn, or some style of wheel weights cause a leak or the bead of the rim has a build up of crap that hasn't been cleaned off prior to fitting the tyre....If it's not loosing air constantly over a couple of days, I'd be putting it down to not being inflated correctly when fitted, or when it was being checked at the servo, the air chuck wasn't put on correctly initially, causing air to escape
Correct, and as long as you know how much psi off by then you can put your pressure in tyre. In my city . It was off by 1 psi. So I have to add 1 psi when I pump it. And some servo will not be the same. So recommend
To use the same servo to pump it. But that wasn't problem that I got.