Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem with Air con & cd player turning off

jeffro101270

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Hi,

I am having a problem with my VE Omega in that sometimes the air con & cd player just turns off by itself & the buttons don't work to turn it back on. I have to turn the car off & restart for them to come back on & sometimes that doesn't even work. Any idea's on what this could be or anyone else had this same issue?

Cheers,
Jeff

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
my other VE used to randomly turn the aircon on when first starting it..... and it used to change from CD to radio on restarting. It turned out that there is a memory thing relating to the radio functions when you change keys... it remembers which key last unlocked the vehicle. We managed to work it out on the SS..... I have had instances in the SS where i had to press the aircon button 2 or 3 times before it would switch on, but it's usually just after being started, so i don't know if that is something to do with the set up on the computer or not.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
My Calais used to turn the A/C off occasionally. But I didn't have to turn the car off and back on again to fix that... not all the time! lol

I have noticed it only does this on really hot days when the car has been in the sun all day.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
it never happened to me.

but a friend of mine say that it only happen to him when he starts the car before the system check finish.

do you ?