Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem with aircon controls 89 VN

calum_gill

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Commodore
My 89 VN commodore sedan's aircon is stuck on the feet part for the controls and i can't seem to get it out to screw the hose back on so it will change. I've taken the dials off and im stuck with a white casing that won't come off. Anyone know how i can take it off? Pictures would be great but i can read if needed :p Cheers.

Calum.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Have you got the unit out of the car?
If not I doubt that the problem lies within.

Have you checked all the connections on the rear of the unit?
Maybe the vacuum hoses (whatever the hose-block on the rear of the unit is called) have
merely come unplugged?

I would check a few of these things before i pulled the unit to bits, as I don't think that will end well
(Im not sure they're supposed to be separated).

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
I think he means he cant get the actual control unit out of the console.

If thats the case mate you need to take the center console out so you can take the facia off that surrounds the heater controls and the radio. Once the facia is off its one screw to get the heater controls out. Behind the controls are two electrical plugs, the vacuum hose attachment and the rod to the little white lever on the side of the heater unit. Its a pretty easy job to do just take it easy and dont force anything as it's not hard to snap/crack parts of the console.