Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem with cruise control

Shelfish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II ute
thats wierd dude cuz have you ever thought what your brake switches do? they cut the 12v from the brown wire, i'd double check that if i was you.

In answer to your questions, i installed the entire system myself. every bit of it except a new BCM but i still had to wire my BCM and the relay(which the relay works PERFECTLY! nothing wrong with that part) The CRS light turns on correctly but i still dont see why your white wire has 12V on it, it goes to a light on the back of your dash cluster.

and by the way if you wanna see something wierd, detatch your speed alert box and unplug it then test the voltage on the green wire with ignition on. the voltage changes.

Thanks for your help so far.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
thats wierd dude cuz have you ever thought what your brake switches do? they cut the 12v from the brown wire, i'd double check that if i was you.

/QUOTE]

Re the above - the brown wire has 12vdc with the ignition on and CRS light on or off - and my cruise works perfectly so that's correctly wired. However it is possible that it goes to 0vdc when the brakes are applied as I performed the voltage tests without an assistant so I had to go from the engine bay to the drivers seat etc....measured the brown wire...pressed brake pedal...measured the brown again. 12vdc both times.

My tests were done with the car stationary!

Anyway, like I said, mine works perfectly so if your voltages differ from mine then you should have a fair idea of where to look.

Re the questions....1 to 5.... I'm not trying to be difficult or nitpicking - just trying to help, but can you answer each one individually. When I installed mine I initially plugged the relay in the wrong slot...plus when I put the cable on the throttle arm it later fell of 'cause I didn't push it on hard enough.
One of my boys said to me (when it didn't work) lets go back over every step of the instal. I was so sure I'd installed it correctly!!!

Shelfish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II ute
it's all good man, you've been way to helpful. answered all my questions so now i can get into it. and as for the brown wire it turns off while you have the brakes depressed(i had a helper) so that'd be where the confusion came from. thanks so much for all your help though man, really appreciate it.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Amazing how things happen: after I checked the voltages etc I went down the shops and checked that the CRS light still came on when I pressed the cruise on button ...damn thing didn't:bang:
So I figured I do what I did before - checked all brakes were OK ...still no light, then reset the cruise brake switch and whacko the CRS is working again:thumbsup:
So all I can say now it triple check the brake switch (not the brake light switch)
Good Luck.