Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem with my VR

scatterybrane_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hi guys,

This is my first post on this site and this is a great site for the information on all sort of commodores. I want some help from you guys about my commodore. Its not very technical related but still related with commodore. By mistake i parked my car on king st melbourne CBD 2 days before in a tow away zone. My car been towed to collingwood depot. I was asked to go their and pay to get back my VR. I went their and paid $314.60 and then i was allowed to take my car. I started my car and some very bad noise started coming from the engine bay which i had no idea where its coming from. I was told by my mechanic that this noise is coming from some Harmonic Balancer. My question for you guys that is it possible that this sound is because the car was towed. Just adding that i just got my car serviced the same day it was towed and there was no noise coming. I really need your help guys. Thanks

Amped

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk wags & Vl berlina
sounds like some1 f@#$ed with it

scatterybrane_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Yes i think so and most probably the f@#%$ng tow truck. Do you guys have any idea why the harmonic balancer is making noise and if it is, will there be anyway i could change it myself as the mechanic qouted $300 for replacing.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Check the 'How to's' mate, from memory it didnt look too hard

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
They do 'just go' as well with little warning.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Yeah, we drove the old VN to mates place, was fine, then went to leave after dinner, made a bloody racket!