Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem with steering audio controls in vy

Jamesrules01

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Commodore acclaim s2
im having trouble with my steering wheel audio controls in my vy commodore, they seem to just want to work when they feel like it. i have just bought new steering controls and replaced them and that didnt fix the problem. i took the top cover off the steering column and theres a small plastic cover where the yellow and black plug is plugged into i removed that and there are 2 wire type things that arent touching looks as if it has been burnt out, as shown in the pictures. im not sure if these are supposed to be touching or not, if anyone can help me or has any other ideas of what it could be it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 608
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 404

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
YELLOW plug is your airbag..... not something to be played with.

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
sounds like you need a new clock spring. mine broke the other week. take it to a holden dealer and tell them you have a problem and they should be able to plug there computer in and see what the problem is. but i reackon its the clock spring. also i wouldnt be playing with them wires mate. get a professional to do it for you.