Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

problem with suspects hangin round.

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
hey, i have a problem with something.
it started last night, monday.
i arrived home and my sensor light which is normally aimed at my car
had been adjusted to suit constantly on.
anyway i fix it and wake up this morning and the globe had been unscrewed just enough to stop working.

now i have come home and sure enough it was set to constantly on again.
what should i do?
i somone trying to tax my car?
it has an immobiliser but im also worried about someone damaging it.
thanks pplz i just need some advice before i move to my dads or alternativly lay down some man traps, lol.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Any place you can hide the old video camera?

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
mate, it looks like sum1 is tryin to knock of ur car or ur wheels. If i were u mate id disconnect somethin so the car wont start, take the spark plug leads insiide or somethin until u get some proper security. Buy proper theft proof lock nuts. Nothin worse waking up n findin ur car on bricks or gone. and ur imobiliser aint gonna do nothin, a professional car theif could easily get past that

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
should i get a kill switch or 2?
wat locknutz are the good ones? ive got locknutz on there but honestly i dont think it would stop a dertermined professional.

and by the way where i have taken a photo of my car is a window but i need some advice
on camera stuff i got no clue.

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
get a door chime. one like shops have an put it across your car port an have the buzzer in your bedroom so it wakes you up. but if your goin to go out an confront them be carefull. just cas you have a baseball bat or somethin doesnt mean thats gonna look after you. if you fu*0 up an they get the bat then your in trouble

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
and remember that if you are lucky enough to club the **** out of someone then claim self defence. Say that you feared for your life and you did what you had to do.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
if its convenient, look at getting a webcam with inbuild infrared floodlight, run that somewhere on motion sense. but dont forget to put up some sticker or sign saying you have video curvellience, apparently if you dont warn them the cops and ping you for it. BS huh?

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Dick Smith has some rediculously cheap CCD cameras that plug straight into your home computer. I seem to remember seeing a black and white one so you can "see who's knocking on your door" and worked in fairly low-light conditions was well under a hundred bucks. Combine that with a couple of sensor lights and you're away. We had questions about people coming into our back yard and an electician was able to add a couple of extra remote sensors to our existing outdoor floodlights for a reasonable price. We had the usual one under the floodlights, and one mounted out on the shed wall where you would have to walk past to get to the cars and motorbikes. As I said, if you already have outside sensor lights, it's a snap to simply add more sensors in other locations.

...then you only have to get past the dog....:whistling :yeah: