Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem with temp gage

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Stato, 2003 VY SS, 2017 VF SV6
ok the other week i installed a new thermostat now ever since my temp gage hasn't been working it don't even move off the botom any advice would be great thanks matt

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
I found that with temp guages on vn's they take a while to indicate temp readings and they usually are quite low. So i give my car like 10 mins driving or warming up then knock it for 6 on the dash. But if you've tried that and you've just fiddled with the therostat then there is a high posibility thats there your problem lies.

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yer i might have to ave a go at it again tomorrow when i did it i was able to get the throttle body off but the inlet manifold wouldn't come off so it was hell trying to get it off i'll try a few things in the next few days

H

HATER VP

A sensor wont read anything if there is no coolant to read on. Did you put more coolant in and bleed the system?

g00gz

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 Accord Euro
yeah you need to bleed it. also could be the thermostat is stuffed - ie stuck open - ive had this several times with new thermostats, bloody annoying - especially on the series 1's, where they are a slut to get too....

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
man i hope its not screwed is it fixable if its stuck open and um lol im ganna sound like a total noob but anyways i dunno what bleed it is (is it just running it with the cap off or somthing) thanks matt